- Boards & Committees
- Board of Adjustment
- Prepare an Appeal
Prepare an Appeal
How to Prepare an Appeal to the Warren Township Zoning Board of Adjustment
Note: The Zoning Board of Adjustment meets on either the first or third Monday of each month at 7 pm unless otherwise indicated. The Schedule of Public Meeting Dates is posted on the Municipal Bulletin Board.
- Obtain packet containing Variance Application and Checklist from Clerk to the Board of Adjustment. (Phone: 908-753-8000, ext. 260)
- Obtain Certified Property List from the Engineering Office ($10)
- Submit the following to the Clerk of the Board of Adjustment:
- Completed application with checklist noting submitted documents and material, in triplicate
- Completed certifications from the Tax Collector and Engineering Department
- 14 copies of an accurately drawn plot plan in accordance with the checklist requirements. If applicable, provide the required number of any other documents accompanying the application.
- 14 copies for site plan approval of an accurately drawn site plan and pertinent documents in accordance with the checklist requirements for submission to the T.C.C.
- Check made payable to Warren Township for required application fee indicated in the checklist
- Submit a separate check for required escrow deposit made payable to Warren Township for the amount indicated in the checklist
- Before serving any notices, obtain the date of public hearing from the Clerk, who will review your application for completeness. The Board Attorney will review your sample notices prior to publication and service.
- At least ten days prior to the date of Public Hearing, you will be required to place a Notice of Public Hearing of your case in the The Courier News, the official newspaper of the Municipality.
- At least ten days prior to the date of Public Hearing, you will be required to notice the Property Owners on the Certified List you obtained from Engineering via certified mail or personal service.
- At least five days prior to the date of Public Hearing, submit the following to the clerk:
- Property Owners list completed as to date and manner of service
- Sample copy of Notice of Public Hearing as served on the Property Owners
- Proof of publication of Notice of Public Hearing as published in the Courier News
- Notarized Affidavit of Service of Notice
8. At the time of the hearing, applicant must appear in person or be represented by an Attorney. Corporations and Partnerships must be represented by an Attorney.