2022 ELECTION DATES
Primary Election June 7, 2022
General Election November 8, 2022
2022 Polling Locations:
Districts 1, 2, 3 & 4 Pilgrim Congregational Church, 105 Mountain View Rd.
Districts 5, 6, 9 & 10 Stonecrest Community Church, 11 Technology Drive N
Districts 7 & 8 Community Volunteer Fire Company, 14 Community Pl.
Districts 11 Warren Library, 42 Mountain Blvd.
Districts 12 & 13 Warren Municipal Court, 44 Mountain Blvd.
Definitions of the Role
A Municipal Clerk, as defined in New Jersey Statutes Annotated (N.J.S.A.) 40A:9-133, performs many Statutory duties and serves the Governing Body and Municipal Corporation. A Municipal Clerk maintains high ethical standards and remains impartial and apolitical in dealing with Public Officials and citizens.
The goals of the Warren Township Clerk and her staff is to assist and guide all residents and the general public in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner. The Office is an excellent source of information and maintains official documents including Ordinances, Resolutions, Minutes of the Governing Body meetings as well as legal documents.
Serves the Governing Body & Municipal Corporation
- Accepts service of legal documents
- Administer Oaths of Office
- Advise and guide the Township Committee on the Open Public Meetings Act, Elections, Open Public Records Act and other applicable Statutes.
- Ensure all Open Public Records Act requests are handled in a timely manner
- Maintain custody of official documents/records, the Municipal Seal, attests to signatures of Officials and signs official documents.
- Prepare Resolutions, Ordinances, and Meeting Agendas. Attend all Township Committee meetings and prepare Minutes. Process and publish Ordinances.
- Accept, certify and maintain receipt of nominating petitions
- Guide the public on voting rights and election laws
- Monitor election district sizes and number of voters
- Oversee the primary, general and school board elections - tally votes
- Provide Voter Registration form (PDF) (initial and any changes), Vote by Mail form (PDF) and Party Affiliation form (PDF)
- Secure polling locations
- Responsible for implementing local archives and records programs including records storage, retention and destruction according to Statute
- Insure compliance with the Local Government Ethics Law regarding Financial Disclosure Statements
- Maintain receipt of Landlord/Tenant Registrations
- Receive and process Tort Claims. Please fill out Tort Claim Form
- Responsible for all Liquor License activities including the renewal process, transfers or any changes to Licenses
- Review, approve and process Raffle and Bingo applications and Licenses, Block Party Permits, Parades/Walks/Run Permits, Limo licenses
- Performs such other duties imposed by Statute, regulations or by municipal ordinance or regulation