RideConnect is a member-based program that offers subsidized transportation to residents 65 years and older, and individuals 18 and older with special needs, living in Somerset County. Rides are provided by third-party transportation providers that RideWise contracts with for services. Rides are not provided directly by RideWise.
- Residents complete a program application
- Provide proof of residence, age and/or disability
- Pay an annual membership fee of $40 per individual or $60 for a family membership (note – family members must share the same residence)
- Set up a travel account
- Contact the transportation vendor to schedule a ride
- Rides are $3.00 per mile from point of pick up to drop off
- The cost of the ride will be deducted from the members travel account
2014 Income Eligibility Criteria
Members may qualify for a reduced membership and per mile charge. Program eligibility is based on an income screen.
- Single, earning less than $26,130 annually
- Married, earning less than $32,037 annually
Income will be verified through any or a combination of the following documentation:
- Filed tax returns
- Social Security benefits statement (SSA, SSD, SSI)
- Veterans benefits
- Wages/self-employment/unemployment/workers compensation
- Other sources of income
The membership fee for income eligible residents is $20/annually. The cost per mile is $1.50. The membership fee for income eligible married residents is $40/annually. The cost per mile is $1.50.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.